Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

For me it's not Christmas season (although that is a wonderful time). For me, it's right now. Back to school. It means high stress, empty pockets, possible tears, and a ridiculous amount of emotions that only teachers can understand. It's still the most wonderful time of the year because the anticipation is insurmountable. With every little name tag, perfect box of crayons, new idea I'm going to try this year, there is a tiny tear building up in the back of my eye. I'm stoked! I'm about to meet my new babies for one year! They're going to come in a little excited, a little nervous, and maybe a little out of control. They're going to give me big hugs and we're going to start our journey together. They may not be able to write their name, write  a story, or read but at the end of this journey, they will be authors, illustrators, readers, explorers, engineers, and more! We will jump hurdles and climb mountains together. We will laugh and cry together. We will make magic and memories right in this classroom and I can NOT wait! Every single bit of prep and every sleepless night is worth it each time one their little light bulbs lights up. They are AMAZING little beings and those smiles though!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment